The article gives information about the policies of HP Company. This site will provide you exact and to the point information. The site will give the knowledge related to HP Return Policy and other aspects. The HP Exchange policy and the pointers to it will be also delivered. The HP Refund policy another aspect will also be delivered.
Before detailed information, we will explore the company.
Hewlett-Packard Inc is an American multinational company with its headquarters in Palo Alto, California. It was found on January 1, 1939. The founders of the company are Bill Hewlett and David Packard. Originally the company was named Corporate Split but then it was renamed as Hewlett-Packard Inc. It is a worldwide Public company. The present CEO of the company is Dion Weisler from November 2015. It is one of the world’s largest IT companies and is also the main suppliers of IT systems equipment and services to the Israeli military and security sectors, and some settlements.
HP Return Policy in Brief
In HP Return Policy, you will get a time of 7 working days to return your purchase. And your refund for the same will be processed. Make sure that you are returning the product in its original packing, along with its all accessories and the papers. You can only return HP products which are been purchased via HP Online Store. It will not accept the return for the product which you bought from any other store or through any retail store.
For Query Related To Return(s)
For any of your queries, you can take advice from experts in HP products. To reach them just dial 1-(800)-108-4747. Press option 1 then 2 to make your work easier. Only available from Monday To Friday 9 AM to 6 AM, & on Saturdays 9 AM to 3 AM (Include Public Holidays).
How to Return and get Refund
To know that how to return a product and how to get a refund for that just continue reading below and you will be able to know the whole process. Follow it step by step.
Methods Of Returning
Under HP Return Policy it clearly states that you can only return the product, which is purchased from an online store. The product purchased from the retail store cannot be returned. The only way to return a product is to simply make a call on 1-(800)-108-4747. After that just press option 1 and 2. Hence, the product cannot be returned to any of the retail stores.
For Processing An Return
When you will make a call on the above number, it will connect you to the HP agent. But while you are making a call make sure that you are having some of the required information some of them are mentioned below:
- Keep caller details ready for an agent. You ask them to pass the call to a particular agent with whom you want to talk for further details and clarification.
- To make work easier for the employee. Keep product details in hand. which includes product number, product model & serial number. It will help the call agent to identify your product and help you out with returns.
- Try to clarify the problem, so it will help call the agent to solve your problem easily.
Try to explain the exact problem and also mentioning its symptoms. The steps which you took for the server problems. Information on the faulty one, such as the capacity of its hard disk.
Do not refuse delivery or return product before contacting HP. If you will not follow the process will lose your credit delay. It will also lead you to assuming risk & loss of payment for return shipping charges. Contact HP to verify your return status.
HP Refund Policy
In HP Refund Policy states that you can return the product to HP, for that it is a must to have Return Goods Authorization(RGA). You will get it by getting in touch with HP order support through live chatting or by calling on 1-866-625-0242. You can also return Non – defective items within 30 days from the purchase, but it will charge $15 for restocking.
- If a Damaged product is been delivered, then you will be getting free replacement within 14 days of purchase.
- In case of a wrong product delivered by HP, so in that case, your product will be replaced for free within 14 days.
- Order placed by mistake or if you ordered any wrong HP product, in that case, HP will help you out return process. Your product will be accepted within 14 days from purchase, make sure the product is unopened.
- Replacement of a product will be done within 14 days for free.
- If you are willing to cancel your order before shipping, then it will not charge any kind of amount. It will be free. But if shipping, then you need to follow HP Return Policy rules.
- If you are canceling order within days from the order, then it will charge you 5% charges, and also it must be in unopened condition.
- The product will be only accepted if it is in its original packing, & without damage. Including freebies, accessories, keyboards, literature, etc.
Refund Policy Rules
Here are some rules mentioned below, for you to understand how to get a refund easily.
- Tax on the product will be also refunded along with the return (if any).
- You will not get a refund for some charges such as shipping, unloading, handling, etc.
- Your refund will be processed in the original form of payment only in which your payment was done by net banking or credit card. HP will refund in that same manner to you.
- If your return is processed through net banking or debit cards then it will take 5-7 days to reflect in your account. And in case of credit card payment, you will get it between 7-21 working days.
Incase in a change of mind you want to place an return for a product, so for that just follow the below mentioned steps. one after another.
- Contact within 14 days from delivery to the HP store. Already registered with HP, then log in to your account, click my orders, and select the item which you want to replace. And if not registered you can simply write a mail to HP at [email protected].
- You will get detailed instructions regarding the return.
- Before returning the product to HP. Delete all your software and hardware components which are been installed. Remove all your data including Password and all.
- Check the device twice before returning it, it may still contain some of your confidential data.
HP will only initiate an return for refused delivery product. Only if you contact and ask them for that.
For Defective Product
In case you have received a defective product from HP, so in that case, follow below written steps:
- Contact HP technical support by visiting here.
- You can return the product within 30 days after you receive your caller ID and DOA number.
- HP will send you detailed instructions regarding your return procedure.
For Damaged Box or Product
In case if you have received delivery box or product, so for that follow below-mentioned steps:
- Contact HP authorities within 14 working days.
- A further set of instructions will be provided by HP to you.
While writing a mail to HP make sure that you attach product photos, product box from where it is damaged. An describe it in short brief.
For Receiving Incomplete Order
If you have received an incomplete order or a product, in that case, HP Return Policy says that you need to contact HP authorities within 30 days from the delivery of the product. After that click on “My Account” after that click on “I have a query on my order”. Further guidance will be provided by HP.
For Unordered Product
If you have received and unordered product, or it doesn’t match with your order. for that HP Return Policy has stated that you need to contact the HP store within 14 days, and further instruction will be provided by HP regarding the return.
To Sum Up
You will find each and every information related to the HP Return Policy & HP Refund Policy. Information related to returning any kind of products is been explained in the above article. Just go through it and you will find the solution to your question. The information mentioned in the above article may vary.
To know more about the return policy, you may also visit Marshalls Return Policy, Macy’s Return Policy & TJ Maxx Return Policy. In case you have any doubts or queries related to the article, then just write it down in the comment section and we will revert you back.